Careers at International School of Music
We invite you to join the outstanding teaching faculty at the International School of Music where over 130 teachers from all over the world bring their incredible performing and teaching experience in all instruments and voice to students of all ages. Voted best for music lessons in Bethesda, MD by Washington Families, ISM offers our instructors a community that brings outstanding opportunities, collaboration and numerous benefits:
Join our elite faculty and we:
- Recruit students for you, so your schedule is full year round
- Give you the freedom to choose the teaching method that works best for you and your students!
- Provide you with first rate facilities
- Handle all the billing so you are paid on time!
We’re cutting edge with….
- Our Teacher App helps you keeps track of your schedule
- Our administrative staff: available 7 days a week for your convenience
- Our amazing make up program: respects your time & makes your teaching a breeze!
Amazing performing opportunities:
- Over 80 recitals annually, so your students get to perform!
- From our Ambassador Program, to concerts at Carnegie Hall, Strathmore, Kennedy Center & more
- Student performance evaluations, Piano Guild Auditions, ABRSM exams, & competitions
We asked our teachers to share their thoughts about teaching at the International School of Music.
Get a glimpse into what it means to work for ISM.
“I want to thank you also for giving me the opportunity to work at International School of Music. ISM is indeed the best institute I have worked with, everything is well organized and systematic, from lessons to recitals to achievement evaluation. Everyone is taken care of, including teachers, students, and parents. During the months I have worked there, I was constantly amazed by the dedication of teachers and staff and the high achievements of the students. I couldn’t be happier working there.” —Lucy C.
“I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure with ISM. I sincerely appreciate all the opportunities afforded me and the flexibility of the staff to make it not only a rewarding education for the students but also a rewarding place to teach. I have grown immensely in my time here and will not hesitate to recommend students to other teachers here. I look forward to continuing teaching here and to watch ISM continue to grow! Thank you.” — Angela W.
“I just wanted to send a quick note to let you know that I’m very much enjoying my teaching experience at ISM. The staff is extremely helpful and completely organized- very impressive. I really like the overall atmosphere of the school and look forward to upcoming recitals and events.” –Chris R.
“I truly enjoy working at ISM, not only because of my students, but also because of how supportive you and the administration are to the teachers – I really appreciate it! Thank you again!” — Kyuree