At the International School of Music, we tailor harp lessons and curriculum to each individual student, focusing on each student’s goals and aspirations so students enjoy their lessons, while still progressing musically and developing the fundamentals. In their harp lessons, students learn proper hand technique, sight reading skills, improvisation skills, music theory, harp history, ear training, and learning how to read music. As students progress, they work on more complex rhythms, proper harp performance method, aural skills and ear training, memorization of compositions, harp technique, public performance skills, and expanding on their repertoire. Our harp students are introduced to various musical genres, and they play the pieces they love, from Celtic, Classical, Renaissance, Folk, and more. And, when you are searching “harp lessons near me,” you’ll note that we are only minutes away from students in Bethesda, Potomac, Rockville, Chevy Chase and Washington D.C.
Voted the best for Music Instruction by Washington Families and Best of Bethesda, the International School of Music’s harp lessons offer all of the following:
- Engaging, fun lessons taught by top-rated teachers who tailor class instruction to meet each student’s individualized goals and interests.
- Trophies, certificates, and award wristbands to celebrate achievement.
- 80+ student performance opportunities throughout the year including Carnegie Hall, Kennedy Center, and Strathmore.
- Flexible makeup schedule via 300+ group classes which offer well-rounded music education and fosters a community atmosphere for our students.
- Opportunity to participate in ISM ensembles and chamber programs.
- Month to month lessons without a long-term commitment.
- Excellent track record since 2004.
- Professional office staff seven days a week to serve you.